Steps for ordering a book through interlibrary loan.
1. Be sure that you have an ILLIAD account. You need to sign up for an ILLIAD account using the link here: https://ezproxy.taylor.edu/login?url=https://taylor.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/illiad.dll This link can be found on the Zondervan Library home page under Interlibrary Loan.
2. Using World Cat Research Station, perform the search. Example:
Combating poverty : understanding new challenges for families : hearing before the Committee on Finance, United States Senate, One Hundred Twelfth Congress, second session, June 5, 2012.
3. In the body of the record scroll down to World Cat: find it in libraries globally. To the right is a link: Request item through Interlibrary Loan.
4. This Link goes to your ILLIAD account. Log in to ILLIAD. The information on this record should automatically fill in the request form. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Submit Request
Steps for ordering an article through interlibrary loan.
1. Be sure that you have an ILLIAD account. You need to sign up for an ILLIAD account using the link listed above. This link can also be found on the Zondervan Library home page under Interlibrary Loan.
2. Using the desired database, perform a search. Example using SocINDEX
Journal Title: Child: Care, Health & Development. Article Title: Exposure of children with developmental delay to social determinants of poor health: cross-sectional case record review study. Author: E. Emerson and P. Brigham. Date: March 2015. Volume 41, Issue 2, Pages 249-257.
3. You can usually copy the journal abbreviation in Google or use the doi to determine the exact title.
4. Cut and paste this title into Journal Finder located on the main Zondervan Library page. This verifies that we do not own the title in full text in another ZL database. This is an essential step that saves time. If Zondervan Library owns or has access to the item in full text form it will not be delivered to you through your ILLIAD account. The Interlibrary Loan department may inform you that we have access to it by email as a courtesy to you. But this is not guaranteed. You will ultimately have to redo a search.
5. You do NOT need or want to order any article directly from a publisher. The access to articles this way is very costly. Zondervan is usually able to obtain the item from a local college or university for free or in some cases we have accounts for purchasing on- demand articles. Let us find it for you, in most cases at a more reasonable cost that what Science Direct, Elsevier or other publishers will charge.
6. You can then import the needed information into a blank ILLIAD form and submit the request.
7. Use the easy to find link to interlibrary loan Borrow this item from another library (Interlibrary Loan)
The Library has more eBooks than Print books on our shelves. This marks a big change in how Libraries do business and how people read books.
Search these eBook collections to discover the wide variety of books available online.
Here are a few books that cover the selected topics for this class.